Trying to eat both gluten free and dairy free can be a huge hassle! But something that is super easy is making Rice and Beans! I like to make this the night before when I need to take a lunch to work, because I can make it in about 10 minutes and I can also make two days worth of lunch for under $10!
Yield: 2 days worth of lunch
2 cups brown minute rice
1 can of black beans
1 cups pre-cooked chicken
1/2 cup salsa of choice
1. Cook brown rice according to directions on box
2. Drain and rinse beans in a strainer over the sink
3. Heat up a sauce pan until warm
4. Mix together rice, beans, salsa, and chicken in tupperware
5. Pack in with tomorrow/today's lunch!
My name's Abby. I am a recent Iowa Culinary Institute graduate, current owner of a small online bakery, and personal assistant to a pretty cool realtor. All in all life is busy, but the kitchen never changes, so join me as we Take on the Kitchen!