Cherry Kale Salad
Source: Joyful Healthy Eats
6 cups kale leaves, massaged
6 strips bacon, diced
1 cup cherries, halved (seeds removed)
½ cup blueberries
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup diced granny smith apple
¼ cup pecan pieces
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
½ tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon dy basil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup olive oil
salt & pepper to season
1. Massage torn kale leaves with a bit of sea salt. (see these instructions)
2. Heat a medium saute pan to medium high heat, add bacon and cook fro 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel to let grease drain.
3. In a small bowl add dijon mustard, honey, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk to emulsify (so the oil and vinegar are no longer separated).
4. In a large bowl add kale, bacon, cherries, blueberries, feta cheese, apples, and pecan pieces.
5. Serve dressing on the side or toss in at the last minute.
This sounds like the perfect summer recipe! Let me know if you make this recipe and tag all photos on Instagram with #takingonthekitchenblog!
My name's Abby. I am a recent Iowa Culinary Institute graduate, current owner of a small online bakery, and personal assistant to a pretty cool realtor. All in all life is busy, but the kitchen never changes, so join me as we Take on the Kitchen!