5 1/2 oz. Leeks, thinly sliced
8 1/2 oz. Potatoes, small dice
2 oz. Red Onion, julienne
4 1/2 oz. Bacon, julienne
19 fl. oz. Chicken Stock
11 fl. oz. Heavy Cream
A/N Salt and Pepper
2 1/2 oz. Chives, thinly sliced
1. Combine onion and bacon in a pot, covered and cook through until onion are translucent
2. Add the leeks and sweat until cooked
3. Add the potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes
4. Add chicken stock, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes
5. Puree and pass through a chinois (strainer)
6. Place back on the stove, add the cream, and simmer for 10 minutes
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
8. Plate up however you would like and garnish with chives!
"People Who Love to Eat Are Always The Best People."
My name's Abby. I am a recent Iowa Culinary Institute graduate, current owner of a small online bakery, and personal assistant to a pretty cool realtor. All in all life is busy, but the kitchen never changes, so join me as we Take on the Kitchen!